Sorry, this area is reserved for our cake club members only!
Want to join our gang? - Learn More
- 175g Baking margarine
- 175g Caster sugar
- 3 medium Eggs
- 175g Sifted self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 170c/gas mark 4.
- 2Put all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- 3Divide the mixture between 2x 8” lined cake tins and bake in a pre heated oven for 20-25 mins. (The sponge should bounce back when gently pressed.)
- 4Allow to cool.
- 5Whisk up 200ml double cream until it forms soft peaks (do not over beat!)
- 6Spread the cream on one layer of cake and the jam on the other and sandwich together.
- 7Spread the cream on one layer of cake and the jam on the other and sandwich together.