I love you xx
Wednesday 25th January 2017 - Jenny
Valentines day is a great time to celebrate with your partner or just go out with friends, with plenty of different gifts and romantic days out valentines day is enjoyed by many! Here’s a few facts about valentines day you may not already know…
- The phrase ‘Wearing Your Heart On Your Sleeve’ came from a real event, there was a Roman festival help annually in honour of Juno, the Roman queen. Men would pick names out of a hat to who would be their potential sweetheart, they would then wear the name on their sleeve!
- Giving chocolates on valentines day comes from Richard Cadbury of Cadbury chocolates, in 1868 he gave chocolates to his beloved in a heart shaped box.
- The longest marriage on record spans 8.5 decades! The longest living couple belongs to Herbert and Zelmyra Fisher who have been married for a total of 86 years and 290 days.
- Pets can be Valentines too! On valentines day 2015, per owners in the US spent $703 million on gifts for their pets!
- Single people get their own valentines day in China! Celebrated on the 11th November Singles Day (or Bachelors Day) is more famously known for online shopping than it is for moping around. Rather than willow in self pity, singles sit behind a computer and shop till they drop with China’s version of ‘Black Friday’ sales.
In the shop we have a great selection of gifts to make your valentines day extra special!
- We have some extra special hampers, perfect for that special someone! Including award-winning brownies, rocky road and other tasty handmade products.
- There’s a huge range of cupcakes, from rich chocolate to light lemon drizzle, there’s plenty on offer with a choice of designs to make them personal.
- We are also offering free local delivery on Valentines day of our red rose cake.
If you’re looking for something a little different then check out these other local businesses that’ll make your valentines a day to remember!
Sarah Horne flowers in Leamington Spa is a Chelsea flower show florist of the year 2011 and has some beautiful flowers for every occasion! Have a look what she has to offer by following the link https://www.sarahhorne.net.
If jewellery is something you want to give this valentines then check out Fabulous jewellers in town, great for something really special for your loved one. For more information take a look at their website https://www.fabulouscollections.co.uk.
Information from http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/random-valentines-facts/